Friday 29 May 2009

Sometimes We Need To Say Sorry

Last night you and your best friend had a fight.
You decide not to talk to her the next day.
She smiles at you. You grind your teeth at her.
She tells her friends nice things about you. You spread bad rumours about her.
She tries to come and talk to you, but you push her aside.
She thinks you are a good friend. You think she is a terrible friend.
She writes a note to you, telling you the best times you had together.
You write all the bad.
Deep down you know she's sorry.
But all you have is hate.

The next day at school you find a note on you desk. It reads:
Dear Isabella,
I tried to tell you yesterday, but you didn't let me speak. I tried to tell you good things, but you were afraid to hear them. I tried to smile at you, to take away the hate. But now it'st time to tell you, eventhough it's a bit late. That I'm dying. I have a bad tumor in my stomach and it's getting bigger. I'm sorry to tell you that I won't be able to go to school today. I wrote this to you today in the hospital. My time is up. I'm sorry I should have told you sooner. I'm sorry about our arguement, you're such a good friend. I promise I shall watch over you.
Lots of love,
Katie

Isabela run to the hospital to telll her she was sorry, but only her mum was left. Her hand clapped over her face. And she was crying. Down on her knee she prayed, for her daughter Katie to come back. You, Isabella were too late. You wish you told her sooner and got to say goodbye.

All friends have their ups and downs, and sometimes you  need to say sorry. Don't wait for her to do it first. Because you never know what could happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment