Saturday 23 May 2009

Funny as hell.

Damn. I keep forgetting the ID and password. Anyway, there was this really interesting lesson the other day... I'll tell you all about it.
I think it was on a Friday. It was supposed to be another boring lesson, it was Friday, and everyone was sitting slumped on their chairs. The author of this post, was also really exhausted and was already nodding off at the start of the lesson.
We were going to practice stress and emphasis again, in sentences! *rolls eyes* And we were going to have this conversation thingy about eating out. Now this is when the fun began...
Since most of us weren't accustomed to consciously adding stress every time we speak, everything we said sounded like something coming out of a soap opera, it was so fake and made up. We were trying our best to sound "nice". While some of us were as expressionless as a robot dozing off, some of us were more... expressive, so to say.
Now we know a certain someone in our class with an accent like Simon's, and a voice fit for a pr0n-ad-voice-over (lol for real). As the words "A cold, Tiger beer" came out as smooth as silk... we just couldn't hold back our laughter. From Anthony to Santy, everyone in the class had a chance to say the words. Ivan was the pr0n-ad-voice-over, while my voice was like "A naked model promoting a cold Tiger beer" as Darren put it. IMAGINE!
Suffice to say, we really had fun that evening. xD Doing the script over, and over again, and trying to perfect our "accent", "pronunciation", and "the use of stress at the right places in the right way".

If any of you are curious, this was the said dialogues. The italicised words are where we were supposed to add more stress.

Andy : Let's go to a restaurant.
Billy : What kind of restaurant?
Andy : Any kind of restaurant.
Billy : I know an Italian restaurant.
Andy : Is that the new Italian restaurant?
Billy : There are two new Italian restaurants. No. I mean the old one.

- In the said restaurant -
Waiter : Are you ready to order?
Andy : I'll have a pizza.
Waiter : What kind of pizza?
Andy : Seafood, please. Medium. With salad. Mixed salad. And a Coke. (most of this part came out as shouts the many times we tried)
Waiter : And for you, Sir?
Billy : American pizza, please. A la-a-arge American pizza.
Waiter : Salad?
Billy : No, thanks. Just a beer. A cold Tiger beer.

- food came out -

Waiter : Here are your drinks. Two Cokes.
Billy : I asked for a beer.




And we're in Advanced F. *sarcastic roll of the eyes*

xDD

5 comments:

  1. Hello Athina. You posted this, didn't you? Who else 'the naked model promoting a cold tiger beer'? Was this made for a compliment? Or you were just being ironic? It's a funny story though. I'm looking forward to your new interesting post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, i wish i were there too! x(
    i think i've missed the fun part of our class.. haha. XD
    anyway, thanks for sharing the story with us, athina! X3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I did... xD I just had to write something about the lesson. Well, if you want to consider it as a compliment, feel free to do so. :P But I've heard people saying that sometimes I do get a bit... snarky.
    Anyway, I'm leaving soon, so I guess we'd have to leave it to our "juniors". Go Fran! >D Don't forget to update the blog regularly, ok?

    Anyway, I /might/ make another post here, my last. Maybe about our last lesson? Or about the mock test? Maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha.. remind me to do so. i can get soo lazy sometimes. esp when it comes to actually write something. XDD
    and mine will be boring, i'm very aware of that. lol. XP

    oh.. so everyone's seniors now, and i become the only junior? haha. XDD

    write something about our last lesson! and your REAL CAE tests. X3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I REMIND YOU! xD Trust me, it's the intention that matters. My writings can get really serious and boring, too, you know. When I get writer's block, I can sit in front of the computer for hours on end and still not be able to write a proper, coherent sentence. And what's a better way to get, well, better other than practice? :)

    Heh, you're 2 terms younger than us >D So yes, that makes you a junior, officially! :D :D :D

    I will, I will... Be patient. I'm enjoying my holiday too much here. B)

    ReplyDelete